Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Doctor, Doctor....

So yesterday we made our 3rd trip to the pediatrician in 6 days. Woo hoo! NOT...
Like I said in my last post, I took Juliana in last Friday. Tuesday I decided I'd had enough of Madison's extreme crankiness (hitting and biting me we just a tad unusual for her), so I took her in. She had some spots on her tonsils and redness, so the doc did a throat culture, which Madison didn't appreciate, but she did pretty well really. The doctor said if it came back positive, we should see an ENT about getting her tonsils out (she had strep 3-4 times last winter). Fortunately the culture came back negative, and she has been behaving much better.
So...When we got home from that visit, I changed Juliana's diaper, and discovered a lovely rash covering her back and stomach. So when I said we were in the clear with allergies, I WAS WRONG. And I had just been at the doctor! So I waited until the next day to call (and just for anyone reading this, I waited because I'm a nurse, any other time I would recommend calling your doctor right away). Of course she wanted to see her, and said yep it's an allergy to the amoxicillin. It's now been 2 1/2 days since she had the last dose and she still has the rash. Fortunately it doesnt seem to bother her. I'm just glad it wasn't a worse reaction.
On a side note, Juliana had egg yolk (hard boiled) for the first time tonight and she loved it. Smeared it all up in her hair too but hey that's ok!

1 comment:

Jen, Gabe and kiddos said...

Carrie, I'm so sorry you're dealing with this! Grace is allergic to penicillian and amoxicillian as well. She had the rash and trouble breathing. So scary! I hope you find a resolution with this.