Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Juliana's 19mo checkup

Juliana had a check up on Monday so I thought I'd update on her. We went to a new pediatrician, who I really liked. I felt like she was more thorough than our old one, and she didn't pressure me about vaccines at all, just gave me a bunch of info to look at.
Juliana weighed 24lbs even, which is about the 50th percentile, and up from her last checkup. She was 33 1/2 in tall, which is between the 75th and 90th percentile. She is tall just like her sister. I filled out a developmental questionnaire, and turns out she's doing almost everything she should be doing by the age of 2! Helps to have a big sister to copy I guess :-)
She's talking a lot now, but I'm sure only Rich and I can understand a lot of it. Some things she says now are : Hi, bye, No, uh-huh, sister, RoRo (for Madison), haha, Cuh (cuddle), apple juice, please, thank-you, shoe, ouch, pup (for dog), silkie (her blanket), pug (for plug/pacifier), bird, toys, sorry, oops, why, and I'm sure there are many more I'm not thinking of.
The funniest ones are ouch, and please, and thank-you. She says all these words appropriately, like taking a toy and running away saying HAHA.

On a side note, we had a virus torture Madison for almost 2 weeks. She threw up 4 different days in that 2 week span, had some diarrhea, and one night last week, she broke out in hives. Poor thing was covered in them. Round the clock Benedryl for her! The doctor said the hives were likely from whatever she was sick with, plus the pollen count is really high in our area right now. She didnt think it was from a food allergy so that is good. Juliana had one day where she threw up and had some diarrhea but luckily that was it for her. Even when they were sick, they both acted just fine, so that was good.

So that's our update for now!

1 comment:

Jen, Gabe and kiddos said...

It sounds like both girls are doing great, now that Madison is healthy again! :) Have you not vaccinated at all? I've been selectively vaccinating Zander, and wish I had been more educated about it when Grace was a baby.